Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The song

I decided to let my public see a new side of me. A semi-serious side. Now you all can say, "Ahhhh....she does have feelings."

8 comments:

Kate said...

So good to connect with you again! I was very happy to get your Christmas card. I cannot believe you have 3 kids... so fun! You have not changed at all... since high school... and that is a compliment! :) Your kids are adorable. Sorry to hear David had to return to the Middle East. But I am so grateful for him and the other servicemen who fight for us. My younger brother, Todd is in the Air Force. He has gone over a couple times and will be returning again the middle of this year sometime. Sorry to hear about your mother as well.
I have added you to by blog, so I will be keeping track of you! I have a link to Jamie, Leslie, and Ari on my blog. I keep up on Atalie and her kids on my blog... she does not have one yet. Hope all is well with you and the kids. Are you in Texas or Utah now?

Carlia said...

Denae, You are so awesome! I miss you a whole heckuva lot. I can't wait for you to come and visit us...i have pages of ideas for new songs, and i think it would be so much fun to work together and bring them to fruition - i even have a name for our first cd "Army Wives Kickin It at the Home Front", or...maybe not. I think coming up in March is a much wiser option, and the international ice sculpting contest is then, so there's a bonus...and you could experience what the Alaskans call "Break-up" which is the term used to describe the time when all the ice melts and breaks apart and the color green once again covers this land that now is only white, white, and more white. March is the most glorious month here...everyone comes out of hibernation because it gets light again and warm enough to play outside...and your family coming to visit would make it even more glorious!

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, that was the first time I had heard that song. Afghanistan is more boring than Iraq was but at leat I still can keep in contact with you!!! I love you! Make sure the kids are whipped at least daily.

Terri Lindsay said...

I love to hear you play and sing, believe it or not, I have not played in a long time as well, I need to get my Guitar fixed. How is your mom doing, How are you doing?

Lisa said...

Are you still coming to SLC? Im impressed with your song. Im kind of emotional from my past few months of experiences. You brought a tear to my eye. Okay enough of that.

Ashley said...

WOOOHOOO! I knew there was romanticism in there somewhere!
Next thing I know you'll be walking around in high heels... for fun!
Really though, I miss you terribly. Nobody else knows how to make fun of me in the lovely way you do.

Congrats on writing something mushy. It quite suits you! Keep it up.

Hardy Family said...

I haven't been the blogger lately, and noticed I have a lot to catch up on. I love all your video post's and will have to look in to the nero thing. I love the videos, especially the songs. I have always known how good you are, but each and every time your talent amazes me. (especially that one :) I teared up a little even.)Ok, Ok, enough of that just had to tell you.
I thought you were in town being that I saw your Christmas card at my mom's. (very cute btw) Somehow we need to find a way to play Skip-bo, & phase 10 was that the game I could never beat you at? Anyways talk to you soon.

Jamie said...

Hey Denae, good to hear from you! I've been feeling bad for myself seeing my husband for 1 hour total a day, but you've got it WAY worse! I don't know how you do it without the help for that long, but I'd love to hear any tips you have.

Anyway, thanks for saying hello and I'm glad to be in touch again!