Monday, June 1, 2009

Things I Learned This Week

So, I got a great idea this past week to drive the short distance of 150 miles NW to a sign indicating that you have now crossed into the Arctic Circle. There is also a town called Circle 150 miles North too....that is NE. I, of coarse, went NE. Four hours, two vomiting episodes (I learned that yogurt drinkables and doughnut holes are not good, convenient but not good, for children before a road trip), and a 34 mile little windy extremely bumpy dirt road later...this sign appeared. This was not the sign I was expecting. This is not a cool sign I want my picture taken by. This sign tells me I'm not only at "The End of the Road", but that I want to bang my head on this sign. So, these next few pictures indicate what grand prize we received after our long journey.





I also learned that Alaskan bees are huge, Eagle Summit is beautiful, and that I owed it to my children to take them to McDonald's after putting them through an 8 hour pointless day trip...after all it was my turn to vomit.





That was Wednesday...Thursday-Saturday I learned that when you have Strep Throat.... you not only think you are going to die, but you want to. I got better. I shall drive NW to the Arctic Circle in the near future. Here's one more cool thing (okay I guess it was the only cool thing) we saw on our road trip...the Alaskan Pipeline.







6 comments:

Cristin said...

Wow. That sounds like something I would do. What a lame sign. Maybe you could petition for a new one.

Sarah Haynie said...

I am confused!!! Nothing new!!! But, why are you still in Alaska? Are you two stationed there or just a long vacation. When will you be back in Utah? LOL

Belle said...

that is hilarious. WHEN ARE YOU COMING THROUGH BLACKFOOT?

Sandra said...

You are a riot with your little antics and all. LOL

Lisa said...

Perhaps your trip wasn't totally pointless... It would make a great lesson-illustrating story for the next time you give a talk in church. Not sure what the lesson would be, but you have such an entertaining way of telling stories, I'm sure no one would mind anyway!

Lisa said...

It doesn't look like your kids were disapointed in the trip. I don't know what I would do without being able to bribe my kids with McD.