Monday, March 29, 2010

Crab Rangoon












A friend of mine wanted this recipe, but I thought all could benefit from it....I didn't have any crab this time, but they are still really good!
1. Buy won ton wrappers located in the produce section of the grocery store. I like Nasoya because they are thick.
2. Filling: 8 oz cream cheese, crab (you can use imitation if you want), 2 green onions, a pinch of salt, and a tsp. of sugar. Make sure the cream cheese is soft before you mix it all together.
3. Heat about 1/2 cup of oil (I use my wok, but you can use any sauce pan)
4. Lay out wrapper and fill with about 1/2 Tb of filling.
5. Bring corners up to the middle. Wet corners with a little bit of water to make them stick.
6. At this point you can freeze them, but make sure you don't stack them, or let them touch each other very much. They rip when you thaw them out and try to take them out. If you aren't going to cook them for a few minutes make sure to cover them, so they don't dry out.
7. If the oil is really hot you don't have to fry them for very long...maybe 10 seconds. Turn over when golden brown and cook other side for a few seconds.
8. Enjoy! My favorite dipping sauce is La Choy Duck Sauce.

3 comments:

JandMPutnam said...

This must be a Putnam thing. Mark absolutely loves these and makes them all the time. I remember when Mary Ellen made them too. I bet yours taste Great, they look tastey!

The Cox Family Established July 16, 2005 said...

or you could just buy cream cheese with green onion and chive already in it.

Holly said...

YUMMO!!!!! Thanks Danae, just what the Dr. ordered. They really hit the spot!!